|Property Size||1,905 sq. ft.|
Swankalicious and Groovy, Elegant but casual: The home is everything and unique! Your Palm Springs getaway is a modernized blast from the past at PS Swanky, our latest home in Vista Las Palmas tucked behind the designer shops of Uptown Palm Springs. This highly desirable neighborhood is home to many of the historical and Hollywood-tied properties and is a Mid-Century marvel unto itself. Designed by noted architect Charles DuBois and built by the Alexander Construction Company in 1959, this gorgeously renovated home will make you feel like a Silver Screen movie star just getting away from it all.
Secluded on a quiet cul-de-sac of beautiful homes, PS Swanky offers stylish entertaining inside and out with gorgeous mountain views. Terrazzo tile floors greet you at the entry and flow throughout the home. Just off the entry, guests who would prefer more privacy can enjoy an ensuite Queen guest bedroom that is separated from the homes’ other bedrooms. Back in the entry hallway, the remodeled powder room features fixtures as seen in the James Bond movie, Goldfinger. The entry hallway leads you into a spacious great room with ample seating and a martini bar. Vintage Midcentury features of the home are showcased here, including vaulted tongue & groove ceilings, original stone fireplace & breezeblock accents, lighted naturally by huge expanses of windows overlooking the pool. To your left is formal dining for eight with views out to the extended, saltwater pool and waterfall (pool heat is an optional/additional charge. See house rules for additional information). The updated kitchen features quartz counters, stainless steel appliances, a wine refrigerator, cozy breakfast bar and ample storage.
Off the main living area, a hallway leads to the Master Suite and 2 additional guest bedrooms all complete with flat screen TVs, USB ports on the nightstands, and cozy beds and linens. The two (King bed) guest bedrooms share the hall bathroom with tiled walk-in shower. The King Master Suite resides in the back corner of the home and offers very generous closet space, a semi-private patio with outdoor daybed and entrance off the pool deck area.
Outside is your own Shangri-la with a covered casual dining area for eight, BBQ, and extensively remodeled saltwater pool and elevated deck. The recently added mister system provides cool relief on the sunny summer days! Poolside living is spacious and beautiful from the manicured landscaping to the vintage concrete breeze block, mature fruit trees, an artistic outdoor shower and a large fire pit with seating. On the elevated deck, relax in the spa that overflows into the pool for a soothing waterfall effect, or lounge in the seating area – a favorite place to enjoy coffee on a peaceful morning, or cocktails while stargazing with friends at night. In either case, enjoy the expansive, stunning mountain views. Guests can even glimpse Elvis Presley’s Honeymoon Hideaway from the raised pool deck.
Inside the home, the updated media and internet technology includes Flat Screen TVs and cable TV in all bedrooms, USB charging ports throughout the home, Blu-ray/DVD/CD, whole house DVR, Receiver that you can connect to with any Bluetooth device and listen to your own music on the house speakers, HDMI input for your android device, laptop or game system (standard HDMI cable, you may need your own device adapter), and high-speed internet with full coverage throughout the property.Long-term renters are welcome and benefit from the home’s recently added 10 kw solar system.
Vista Las Palmas is a premier neighborhood of Palm Springs. It’s sometimes referred to as the ‘Beverly Hills’ of Palm Springs. This very affluent neighborhood is rich with architecture and Hollywood history. It should be noted this neighborhood has sound ordinances that are strictly enforced. The owner(s) like to stress this home is ideal for a dream vacation and relaxation but is by no means a “party-central” home. Each guest is expected be as good a neighbor as the owner(s) themselves. Special events like weddings are not allowed.
PS City ID #3744
- Master Bedroom: 1 King Bed, Ensuite Bathroom, TV
- Guest Room 2: 1 King Bed, TV
- Guest Room 3: 1 King Bed, TV
- Guest Room 4: 1 Queen Bed, Ensuite Bathroom, TV
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Master Bathroom: toilet, shower, dual vanity and separate make-up counter
- Guest Bathroom: toilet, shower
- Shared Hallway Bathroom for Guest Bedrooms 2 and 3
- Guest Bathroom 3: toilet, shower (Private Bathroom to Guest Room 4)
- Powder Room: Toilet, sink
- Satellite / Cable Television (Upgraded Cable Package; HBO)
- Whole House DVR (record programs on living room box and watch on any TV, any time)
- Blue Ray/DVD/CD in Living Room
- 6 Televisions through the home
- Selection of Board Games
- Indoor: The table is sat with 8 chairs for arrival. Additional seating can be brought to accommodate up to 10 indoors for dinner.
- Outdoor: The table is sat with 8 chairs for arrival. Additional seating can be brought from other areas to accommodate up to 10 outdoors for dinner.
- Air Conditioning/Heating
- Telephone (Free long distance for calls to US and Canada)
- Wi-Fi and Internet
- Washing Machine and Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Pet amenities: pet-level viewing window at front door, dog bed, food/water bowls, spare leashes, pool bags, etc.
- 2-car garage
- 2-car driveway
- There is off-street parking for up to 4 cars. 2 more cars may park (only) directly in front of the house on drive up.
- 4 cars maximum
- Flat screen TV and USB Ports
- Coffee Maker (2 drip coffee makers and French Press)
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishes (glass and plastic), full bar of cocktail ware and Serving Platters
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator, Freezer and Ice-maker (2nd fridge in garage)
- Well-stocked with small appliances like: rice cooker, 2 crock pots, electric and stovetop tea kettles, tea infuser pot, waffle maker, hand mixer, chopper, immersion (or stick) blender, coffee grinder, juicer and blender.
- West and South-facing views of the San Jacinto Mountain Range
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Mister System (House and around yard)
- Outdoor Shower
- Private/Heated Pool
- Hot Tub with Waterfall
|Apr - 2019|
|May - 2019|
|Jun - 2019|
|Jul - 2019|
|Aug - 2019|
|Sep - 2019|
|Oct - 2019|
|Nov - 2019|
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options or fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Nights|
|BNP Paribas 2020||3/8/2020||3/22/2020||$895||$5,895||$14,495||5|
|Modernism Week 2020||2/12/2020||2/23/2020||$895||$5,895||$14,495||5|
|Martin Luther King Holiday||1/17/2020||1/21/2020||$895||$5,895||$14,495||4|
|Labor Day Holiday||8/30/2019||9/2/2019||$895||$5,895||$14,495||3|
|Independence Day Holiday||7/3/2019||7/7/2019||$895||$5,895||$14,495||4|
|Memorial Day Holiday||5/23/2019||5/27/2019||$895||$5,895||$14,495||4|
|Coachella Music Festival||4/11/2019||4/22/2019||$1,095||4|
Long-Term Renters Welcome
Minimum Age Limit For Renters: 25
Pets Considered (Dogs only)
No Smoking in house.
Dog(s) must be pre-approved.
House is not child proof; the pool is not separated from the house. (Extra consideration needed for children under 8).
Overnight guests limit: 8
Daytime guests limit: 10
Check-in is between 2pm-5pm (contingent upon housekeeping and home availability)
Check out no later 10am.
Early check-in, late check out may be available for an additional fee.
Any commercial photography or filming requires pre-approval and additional fees.