**PLEASE READ REGARDING CO-VID 19**
In an effort to keep travelers and our workers safe, we are following recommendations to keep our homes vacant for at least 24 hours between guest stays. As well, travel or hosting restrictions constantly change and we can't always set search parameters to ensure the home fits your travel itinerary. When considering this home, please DO NOT automatically book. Rather, send us an inquiry and allow us to authorize or ensure the dates will work before booking. We thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding. To further accommodate the appropriate time between reservations, early arrivals will be limited and there will be no late check-outs.
As part of the County Health Supervisor's restrictions on short-term lodging, extra "daytime" guests are not allowed during the Co-Vid pandemic. The only guests allowed on the property are the guests registered as overnight guests.
Following guidance from health organizations, some guest amenities will be modified per safety recommendations. I.E.: extra spices in the kitchen will limited, extra or decorative pillows and blankets will be removed, Modest changes but in favor of caution and guest safety. We have also invested in and are using an OSHA/EPA-approved, hospital-grade disinfectant on hard surfaces and high-touch areas throughout each home.
The Mid Mod is a classic Mid Century Modern home built in 1959 by the Alexander Company working with the well-known architecture firm, Palmer & Krisel. This duo, notorious for creating homes with whimsical rooflines and bringing the outside in with floor-to-ceiling and clerestory windows, brought the same modern design to the houses on George Drive.
Situated in Racquet Club Road Estates, The Mid Mod sits only one mile north of downtown Palm Springs. The well-designed great room includes an updated kitchen with high end appliances, dining space for eight, and a lounge area that includes a large TV, sound bar, and sinus stereo speakers, as well as vintage stereo equipment to enjoy vinyl!
The open floor plan of the living-dining-kitchen areas allow guests to enjoy a view of the San Jacinto mountains from the kitchen island or from the well-appointed outdoor living space. A heated pool, hot tub, fire pit, outdoor kitchen, and dining are all available for guests’ use within the privacy of the walled backyard.
Welcome to The Mid Mod and enjoy your stay!The Space:
The main house has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and the detached Casita contains a 4th bedroom with 2 beds, full bathroom and a second small kitchen.
Outdoors you'll find more amenities than you could dream of:
- Full size pool with tanning shelf (heat available)
- Large hot tub with umbrella for day use (can fit 8 people)
- Dry Sauna
- Beautiful fire-pit area with Adirondack chairs and bistro seating with great views of the mountains
- Outdoor Kitchen with gas grill, prep tables, small refrigerator, ice maker
- Multiple lounge chairs for sunning
- Outdoor shower for rinsing off
- Covered patio off the kitchen with dining for 8
- Comfy living room space with ample seating, period decor and even a full stereo system with vinyl records provided
- Dining area with table seating expandable for 8
- Fully stocked kitchen with extras you might not expect in a rental, like a soda stream
- Master bedroom with ensuite bath
- 2 additional bedrooms in main house which share full hall bath
- Detached Casita with small kitchen, ensuite bath, 2 beds and a second stereo system. Flat Screen TV's in the Living room (Sonos sound bar), Casita and Master bedroom
- USB outlets and phone hook-ups in each room
- Desks and multiple workspaces throughout the house
Racquet Club Estates is a premier neighborhood of Palm Springs. The neighborhood is rich with architecture and history. It should be noted the city has sound ordinances that are strictly enforced. The owner(s) like to stress this home is ideal for a dream vacation and relaxation but is by no means a “party-central” home. Each guest is expected to be as good a neighbor as the owner(s) themselves. Special events like weddings are NOT allowed.
TOT Permit #3115
PS City ID #1643
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Master Bedroom: 1 King Bed, TV, En-suite Bathroom
- Guest Room 2: 1 Queen Bed, TV
- Guest Room 3: 1 Queen Bed, TV
- Casita: 2 Full (double) Beds, TV, En-suite Bathroom
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Master bathroom: toilet, shower/tub combo
- Guest Bathroom (shared hallway bathroom for guest bedrooms 2 and 3): toilet, shower/tub combo
- Guest Bathroom 3 (Casita): toilet, shower (en-suite to Casita)
- Cable Television in LR, MBR & Casita (with local TV affiliates and 10 expanded channels)
- LR TV is additionally equipped with Firestick. Casita and Master Bedroom is equipped with Roku. The two guest room TV’s are equipped with Chrome Cast.
- Living Room DVR, Blue Ray/DVD/CD
- 5 Televisions through the home, Sonos Sound Bars in Casita and Living Room
- Two additional Sonos speakers which can be relocated though the house
- Amazon Echo Dot (Alexa)
- Selection of Board Games
- Two vintage 1970 era stereo systems in Living Room and Casita
- Cornhole Bean toss
- Pool toys and floats
- Indoor: 6-10 guests
- Outdoor Pergola: 6-10 guests
- Master Patio: 4 guests
- Air Conditioning/Heating
- Ceiling Fans in all rooms
- Wi-Fi and Internet
- Two desks with computer monitors and a printer
- Washing Machine and Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer (in each bathroom)
- Iron & Board
- Alarm clocks in all bedrooms
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided (personal and pool)
- 2-car driveway
- There is off-street parking for up to 2 cars. 2 more cars may park (only) directly in front of the house on drive up.
- 4 cars maximum per city-regulated limits
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Garbage Disposal
- Dishes (glass and plastic), full bar of cocktail ware and Serving Platters
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator, Freezer and Ice-maker
- 5 Burner Gas Stove
- Well-stocked with small appliances like: stovetop tea kettle, soda stream , hand mixer, coffee grinder, and blender.
- Casita also has additional appliances and a refrigerator, freezer with ice maker
- West and South-facing views of the San Jacinto Mountain Range
- Natural Gas Firepit on separate patio
- Pool Patio / Master Bedroom Patio
- Outdoor Natural Gas Grill and Kitchen with additional Refrigerator and Ice Maker
- Covered Pergola outdoor dining areas with roll down shades, misters, fan and electric heaters,
- Outdoor Shower
- Private/Heated* Pool with tanning shelf
- Six Pool Lounge Chaises and two vintage pool chairs
- 4 Sunshade umbrellas, including one over hot tub
- Holiday and market festival lighting
- Water fountains
- Huge Hot Tub accommodates 6-8 guests
- Infrared Sauna
*Pool heat is optional but available for $59/day or $375/week. It is usually appropriate to heat the pool from mid-October to late June.
|Aug - 2021|
|Sep - 2021|
|Oct - 2021|
|Nov - 2021|
|Dec - 2021|
|Jan - 2022|
|Feb - 2022|
|Mar - 2022|
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options or fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Nights|
No Smoking in house.
Minimum Age Limit For Renters: 25
Dog(s) must be pre-approved.
House is not child proof; the pool is not separated from the house. (Extra consideration needed for for children under 8).
Overnight guest limit: 8
Daytime guests limit: 12
Check-in is between 2pm-5pm (contingent upon housekeeping and home availability)
Check-out no later 10am.
Early check-in, late check-out may be available for an additional fee.
Any commercial photography or filming requires pre-approval and additional fees.