Walk inside the blue door at PS Getaway and marvel at your own private escape. This 3BR/3 BA open floor plan home amazes with its high vaulted ceilings and its big outdoors. Step outside to take in the classic pool with spillover spa in the huge, fully fenced, private backyard full of greenery and citrus trees.
Enjoy a quiet morning coffee or watch gorgeous desert sunsets from a shaded poolside umbrella table. Or relax under the covered patio running the length of the home with multiple seating and lounging areas, a Weber gas BBQ, al fresco dining for six, ceiling fans and twinkling lights. Chaise loungers are abundant both in sun and shade, surrounding the large pool and spa.
Abundant space, huge pool, mountain views - It also features a separate office for remote workers. This home has everything you want for the perfect Palm Springs Getaway - and ideal for long term stays too! So get here and Relax! Your pool float awaits!
Located in the quiet central Palm Springs neighborhood of Sun Villas, PS Getaway is just over a mile from everything - Downtown Palm Springs and the Uptown Design District, Ruth Hardy Park, the Movie Colony and all the museums, shopping, and restaurants you’ll want to visit during your stay.
Total Palm Springs Lifestyle
Created to embrace the Palm Springs outdoor lifestyle, PS Getaway delights both the hedonist and the epicure. Groove to the in-house sound system while preparing treats in the gourmet kitchen. Then take them poolside, where a pool volleyball game or a spa session is in progress.
Reflecting back to the Hollywood “escape to Palm Springs” era, the pool at PS Getaway is unique in its depth of 6’ and its classic Palm Springs oval design. Picture Esther Williams striking a pose on the pool’s “birthday cake” steps or Rock Hudson delivering a slam dunk at the pool volleyball net to win the game of the day. Come to Getaway prepared to play.
Or come prepared to just relax and soak in the spa with your entourage while dinner sizzles on the grill.
The Palm Springs lifestyle is hard to beat!
Easy Living With an Open Floor Plan and Gourmet Kitchen
Alive with colorful furniture, PS Getaway’s living area features a 65“ smart TV with streaming capabilities and cable. A gas fireplace warms up winter nights, and ceiling fans throughout the house enable you to keep the doors open to enjoy the desert air year-round. PS Getaway is fully air conditioned, of course, but for those who can’t get enough of the outdoors, it’s delightfully breezy.
Adjoining the living room is Getaway’s dining area, set off by a sleek glass and walnut table. A companion teak ship’s table serves as a grand buffet.
The chef’s kitchen is extraordinarily equipped and features a large island, the heartbeat of the house, easily seating four and providing loads of prep and serving space. Parties often start there and never move!
Fully equipped with every kind of cooking and baking pot, pan, tin and utensil, the kitchen’s centerpiece is a magical 6-burner Viking range. Installed nearby are a dual electric/ convection oven and a large microwave for entertaining and meal preparation. Book for the holidays, as the baker in your group will find all of the tools they need and much more…a prior owner was a gourmet French chef who loved to make pastry!
Full sets of contemporary Crate & Barrel ceramic tableware, place mats, towels, and everything you need to make and serve a masterpiece are available…even special plates for your artichokes!
Citrus in Season
In season, squeeze your own fresh orange juice from PS Getaway’s backyard citrus trees, including lemon, pink grapefruit and white grapefruit that you are free to harvest. If you’re lucky enough to be in residence for the 4th of July, pair the fresh figs with Manchego cheese for a special treat, or create a masterpiece salad. Recipes abound in the library of cookbooks above the kitchen desk. Don’t be shy about making a lemon drop martini…after all, you have the shaker and the fresh lemons!
Easy to Work
Work if you must. A private office enables an hour or a day’s worth of work interrupted only by a splash in the pool. Excellent WIFI makes Zooming easy.
Sleep in Style
With three bedrooms, PS Getaway easily accommodates family and friends. The master suite features a king bed, smart TV and a fully renovated bathroom with side-by-side sinks and a waterfall showerhead. With the pool and spa beckoning just outside the sliding glass doors, the master encourages an evening spa session or a wake-up swim.
Featuring a queen bed, the second bedroom is across from the master on the north hallway. It is adjacent to a guest bathroom with shower.
The third bedroom at the south of the home offers a queen bed, a smart TV and ensuite bathroom with side-by-side sinks and step-in shower. The largest of the bedrooms, it is spacious and inviting.
Location! Location! Location!
PS Getaway is centrally located in a quiet residential neighborhood, adjacent to the Sunrise Park neighborhood, just a few minutes from the Movie Colony, Ruth Hardy Park, Desert Regional Medical Center, the casino, convention center, the airport and both the Downtown area and Uptown Design District of Palm Springs.
Restaurants, nightlife, entertainment venues, grocery stores, and shopping boutiques are close by…most within just over one mile!
Sunrise Park is a premier neighborhood of Palm Springs. The neighborhood is rich with architecture and history and easy and fun to walk!
It should be noted the city has sound ordinances that are strictly enforced. The owner(s) like to stress this home is ideal for a dream vacation and relaxation but is by no means a “party-central” home. Each guest is expected to be as good a neighbor as the owner(s) themselves. Special events like weddings are NOT allowed.
- Long-term renters welcome
- Minimum age for renters: 25
- Limited access
- Non-smoking only
- Pets considered (dogs)
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps Up to 6
- Master Bedroom: King Bed, TV, walk-in closet, dresser
- Guest Room 1: Queen Bed, TV, closet, library
- Guest Room 2: Queen Bed, closet, luggage stand
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Master Bathroom (en-suite to Master Bedroom): toilet, step down shower, side-by-side sinks
- Guest Room1 Bathroom (en-suite to Guest Room 1): toilet, shower, side-by-side sinks
- Guest Bathroom (hallway bath adjacent to Guest Room 2): shower, sink
- Separate private office with built-in desk, chair, glass door
- Excellent WIFI coverage and speed allows for video conferencing and media streaming
Entertainment and Wifi:
- WIFI throughout property
- Three smart TVs including a 65” TV in living room
- Spectrum Internet and TV, 125 cable channels including Disney +
- Built-in surround sound in living, dining entertainment area (Indoor usage only)
- Wireless capability to stream and connect to your devices
- Indoor dining: seating for six guests
- Outdoor dining: seating for six guests
- Coffee creations – Nespresso, conventional coffee maker, French press
- Viking 6-burner range with oven
- Built-in wall convection oven
- Island with prep sink and seating for four
- Kitchen desk
- Full array of cookbooks – general, French and more
- Fully equipped with utensils for cooking, bartending, BBQ
- Crate & Barrel dishes, flatware, plus additional set and specialty dishes – great for large family meals
- Serving platters
- Pots and pans
- Baking dishes, cookie trays, muffin tins, Bundt cake pans, quiche pans
- Juicer, blender
- Ninja machine with dough capabilities, hand mixer
- Refrigerator with freezer, ice maker
- Central air conditioning and heat
- Laundry – washer and dryer
- Bed linens and bath towels provided
- Pool towels provided
- Natural gas fireplace in living room
- Hair dryers
- Iron and ironing board
- Private, classic Palm Springs 17’ x 35’ saltwater pool*
- Attached spillover spa with seating for six
*Pool heat is optional and available for $69/day or $425/week. Pools generally require heating mid-October to late June.
- Deck/fully covered patio area runs the length of the house for outdoor seating and dining
- Large lawn with real grass
- Fully fenced with hedge of tall ficus
- Outdoor Weber natural gas grill
- Chaise lounges and seating in multiple sunny and shaded seating areas
Parking (City limits the number of cars to 3 at any time):
- Garage space (1) available for guests
- Driveway: 2 cars
- Curbside parking: 2 cars
|Jul - 2022|
|Aug - 2022|
|Sep - 2022|
|Oct - 2022|
|Nov - 2022|
|Dec - 2022|
|Jan - 2023|
|Feb - 2023|
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options or fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Nights|
No Smoking in house.
Dog(s) must be pre-approved.
House is not child proof; the pool is not separated from the house. (Extra consideration needed for for children under 8).
Overnight guests limit: 6
Daytime guests limit: 12
Check-in is between 2pm-5pm (contingent upon housekeeping and home availability)
Check-out no later 10am.
Early check-in, late check-out may be available for an additional fee.
Any commercial photography or filming requires pre-approval and additional fees.